Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Garden Glows

The phenomenon started on Veterans Day weekend (prompted by fine weather for November.  It spread on Black Friday and has taken over the yard and garden.

Before the infestation, there were simple natural decorations in place:


Then the lights started making an appearance. They'taken over the backyard. It's sent tendrils out all over the yard and has taken root at the outside outlets. The whole house is surrounded from rooftop on down.



We've added more lights to the backyard than we've done before.  All the work on the garden this year makes me want to add to what we've done before.  We usually use a lot of white lights around the side and front and save the color lights for the backyard. So we've kept with that color scheme and I've made several trips out for more colored lights.

Here is the front and side. In the forefront is a weeping cherry tree.  Until we bought the house I had never heard of a weeping cherry tree. It is so stately that I reserve simple white lights for it; even though our general plan is anything close to the house is done in white while trees and shrubs farther out in the yard get colored lights.

I have to say that I had fun last week on one of my trips to Lowes for more lights when another shopper asked me if I knew much about putting up lights and if I could give her some help picking out what she needed. She said it was their first year getting serious about lights...

I guess I've been serious about lights for a few years (decades?)

While I was busy outside, Gloria was busy inside, more pictures to follow. But here's one of my collection that only comes out for the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment