Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December Snow

I heard someone this week say, "Any other time of year everyone would be cursing the weather, but in December it's 'Christmasy.'" We had our first snow storm, and the government was nice enough to close for the day, so I was able to get out with my camera before the early sunset of mid December.

I love the colors of the season, so I had to capture the red berries on a couple different Nandina bushes around the yard.

But I couldn't let the Nandina upstage the holly grove.

That's 4 of the six trees we had planted a couple years ago.  I'm giving serious thought to adding holly berry bushes (probably about 5 [4 female and a male] and in a few years we can start decorating with fresh holly cuttings and berries in the house.)

But now it's time for the close-ups outside. :-) 






Looking around the yard brought a few more colors popping out of the snow.



And a few more stark shots.



And for a chuckle, I had to do a double check when I looked at the way the snow was settling on the grill. He didn't look happy at being left out in the cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment