Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Autumn comes to Bowie

It's been getting cooler and the autumnal finery is on display.  I was talking to a friend just back from Texas about the joy in seeing different seasons.  So, for my friends in Texas I put together a collection of shots from our yard that I took this morning.


The former owners left us a Red Maple on the back hill.


Another shot of the Maple.


One last shot for this collection.


We still have some Foxglove blooming in the side yard.  I haven't seen any bees lately, it's getting too cold.


This beauty is in our neighbor's yard, but about a third of the canopy is over our yard.  If I have to rake the leaves (in a couple weeks) I'm going to claim it as being in our yard.  We get to enjoy the early day shade in the summer and have a protected refuge for birds and chipmunks during the whole year.


Another angle of our shared tree.

I haven't had to rake the leaves yet, but that will probably have to be done in the next couple of weeks.  After that I'll start working on the Christmas lights.  I want to have them all up by Thanksgiving (at least the outdoor lights) so that we can turn them on the day after Thanksgiving.

1 comment: