Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Starting off with the Cherry Blossoms

Since this is the first post of a new blog, I think I should start with an iconic subject: Cherry Blossoms.  Living near Washington DC, and loving to take pictures of flowers, I have a growing collection of pictures of Cherry Blossoms.  This one is from a tree in our backyard - and is my current favorite.



I had to remove some deadwood from this tree this year. I noticed the branches last year, but didn't want to do anything yet.  But this year I'm feeling more confident - I hope the yard survives!

The cherry blossoms only lasted a little over a week at their peak, but they're iconic to the DC area.  For the rest of the summer we get to enjoy the shade. Since it's on the west side of the patio we get late afternoon shade.

Moving forward I am hoping to share pictures and stories from the garden, the dogs, and cooking efforts.

About three years ago we bought a house with a spectacular garden and yard. We are sharing with 4 rescued dogs (all cocker spaniels from Oldies But Goodies Cocker Rescue) and a rescued cat.  I'm currently trying to rescue my yard from myself as I learn more about what grows here in a Maryland suburb of Washington DC (zone 7.) I'm also learning about what these things are that are already growing here - the former owner loved perennials.

No comments:

Post a Comment